TERRITORY TASTE FESTIVAL STALLHOLDERS
Stallholders and offerings correct as at the time of publication but are subject to change.
If you wish to enquire about having a stall at the Festival, please download our stallholder prospectus below, or contact Britta onÂ 0417 875 901.
Aboriginal Bush Traders use native ingredients with a modern twist!
For 40,000 years Aboriginal people have been harvesting bush tucker; today Aboriginal Bush Traders is serving it up with a modern twist! Native Australian products are the showpiece of our cakes, teas, dampers, jams, sandwiches and salads.
Selling the following at this yearâs Territory Taste Festival:
- Bush Tomato, Fetta & Aniseed Myrtle DamperÂ â Filled with bush tomato relish
- Wattleseed & Raspberry Muffin with Green Ant IcingÂ â With vanilla bean and raspberries
- Womenâs Business Iced TeaÂ â Featuring Australian Green Tea, Aniseed Myrtle, Rosella Flowers, Molucca Leaves (native raspberry)
- Wild Peach & Rosella SpritzerÂ â Wild peach and rosella syrup served with soda
Alfonsinoâs Ristorante Italiano is bringing a little piece of Italy to Darwin.
Following a tradition from the 17th century, of the people of Napoli,Â their menu features authentic Italian cuisine prepared the traditional way.Â Using the finest quality ingredients, every component of the dish is made by hand and from scratch.
Specialising in Italian style breakfast, Italian pastries,Â traditional porchetta and Italian style coffee during the day andÂ bringing the authentic pizza napoletana to Darwin at night.
Selling Pizza Fritta, Espresso Granita, and Pizza Fritta Barramundi at this yearâs Territory Taste Festival.
Itâs local â itâs tropical â itâs a relaxed poolside bistro featuring local top end produce served in a relaxed poolside atmosphere.
With views of the landscaped gardens and lagoon pool, the relaxed atmosphere at the newly renovated and rebranded Cossies Poolside Bar and Bistro takes advantage of their tropical location with indoor and outdoor dining options.
The brand new menu houses the best of local produce from wild caught barramundi, delicious salads to mouth-watering burgers. Cossies has something for everyone.
Selling the following items at the Territory Taste Festival:
- Southern fried chicken sliders with Korean apple slaw and chipotle mayo
- BBQ braised pork ribs with roasted corn, creamy potato salad and cossiesâ signature sauce (GF)
- Honeycomb cheesecake (V)
Mecure Airport Resort, 1 Sir Norman Brealey Drive, Marrara
08 8920 3333
Charlotteâs Web Darwin Chocolate Factory opened in Darwin in 2018 featuring a range of fresh, local-made chocolate barks featuring fresh local fruits, ginger, nuts, berries and other toppings.Â
The company focuses on itâs chocolate factory tours, production of commercial quantities of chocolate barks for local sale via the factory store, hotel minibars and small retail outlets in the greater Darwin region.
Formed by local chocolate-lover Kirsty McInnes, the company if built around principles of ethical sourcing of ingredients and sustainable production methods.
The following items will be available at the Territory Taste Festival: Chocolate desserts, Chocolate tasting boats, and Chocolate take home tasting packs
13/17 Willes Road, Berrimah
08 8947 1510
Comprising the Navy, Army and Air Force, the Australian Defence Force is a modern, people-focused organisation; and one of Australia’s major employers.
The Australia Defence Force will be onsite with a NAVY cooking display as well as an ARMY bushtucker / kitchen display. They will also have staff available to discuss career opportunities Â with anyone who is potentially interested in a hospitality career within Defence.
On offer at this yearâs Territory Taste Festival:
- NT Buffalo on a lightly toasted crouton topped with oven roasted capsicum and horseradish cream dressing
- Lemon Myrtle grilled Crocodile skewer with a sweetly spiced dipping sauce
- Bush spiced Lamb cutlets
- Cold smoked Kangaroo skewers served with a red wine and pepper berry glaze
Itâs a Turkish-Belgian inspired beach Cafe in a world class location with a relaxed and laid back setting.
De la Plage have created a family and dog friendly cafe along the Casuarina Coastal Reserve with the most relaxed ambience with its colourful beanbags, hammocks and umbrellas. Sourcing qualify produce and ingredients from local farmers, their aim is to deliver the best fresh and organic food with a variety of vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options on the menu.
They will be leaving the beanbags behind but bringing to the Taste Festival:
- Sliders with a twist
- delicious fruit frappe (dairy free)
- homemade iced tea
Darwin Surf Life Saving Club, Darribah Road, Brinkin NT 0810
Ding The Recipe makes and sells a variety of flavoursome curry pastes.
Ding The Recipeâs emphasis is on quality (colour, texture, flavour & aroma), natural products (paste) â through a process of painstaking research, development and to the way it is cooked â using imported and local fresh ingredients, herbs and spices received direct from the principle farms in Queensland, Northern Territory and South Australia.
Unit 2, 7 Melissa Place, Kings Park NSW
02 9831 8808
The Flavourista range is made up of specialty olive oils and balsamic vinegars, spice and salt blends, lush chocolate powders, and dessert syrups and sauces.
Every product has been carefully selected, so your everyday cooking experience is full of flavour, fun and enjoying the experience of sharing great food with the people you love most. Their products are all Gluten Free!
On offer at the Territory Taste Festival:
- Salts – includingÂ Field mushroom,Â Chilli and Lemon,Â Stockmans Whip salt
- Spice Blends – includingÂ Chive & Onion,Â Outback Ranch,Â Mexi-Go-Go,Â Souly Guacamole,Â Backyard BBQ,Â Italiano,Â Pad See Eww,Â Barrier Reef,Â Thyme for Garlic,Â Cajun HotPot
- Olive Oil – includingÂ Roasted Garlic Smash,Â Chilli and Lime,Â Zing,Â Lemongrass & Ginger
- Balsamics – including Luscious Mango, Fresh Apple & Orange (LMFAO),Â Berries & Vanilla, DivinO Caramelised,Â Garlic DivinO Caramelised
- Dessert Sauces – includingÂ Caramel &Â Chocolate
âIn our food you will taste our culture, you will taste all the spices that have thousands of years of history.â
Flavours of Damascus is a food truck bringing Syrian food, culture and traditions to the people of Darwin.
They will be selling Maklobah in the pumpkin at this yearâs Territory Taste Festival which is vegetables, rice and meat cooked inside a pumpkin.
Food Truck, Darwin
0401 755 471
So Good You Wonât Believe Itâs Gluten Free!
Gluten Free 4 U is your gluten free and nut free bakehouse specialist. Our range also consists of dairy free, soy free, egg free, yeast free and fructose free products.
When it comes to eating and enjoying top quality cakes, breads, pastries, biscuits, and other delicious goods, that are 100% gluten free, we are the bakery for you.
Jimmy Shu and his team run this iconic asian restaurant in Darwin and Alice Springs.
With authentic tastes inspired by Jimmy Shuâs childhood, Hanuman provides guests with a fresh, exciting and innovative menus from across Asia. Hanuman Darwin was established 25 years ago. To celebrate this milestone Jimmy and his team are refreshing the menus with new tastes, menu combinations and special monthly recipes.
Mitchell Street, Darwin City
08 8941 3500
HPA is a Territory organisation that helps those with a physical or intellectual challenge to attain training & employment, whilst creating quality products.
HPA (Helping People Achieve) has been providing services to businesses since 1963, while providing employment & accommodation to Territorians with a physical or intellectual challenge.
HPA operates 2 businesses, Kokoda Industries and Ausdesignsâ˘.
Kokoda Industries â outdoor tables, chairs and seating solutions for schools, hospitality industry and residential settings. Mini grandstands, bike racks, pallets and crates made to order. Sprinkler stands, pine lattice, pegs, aluminium tags, defence targets.
Ausdesignsâ˘ â screen printing, digital printing, embroidery, work wear, PPE, corporate wear, industrial rags, confidential shredding, sewing, conference bags & packing, indigenous print haberdashery, tourist/promotional bags, souvenirs, assembly work, mail outs, satchel packing etc.
All new opportunities will be considered so if you have a request â no job too big or small.
22 Albatross Street, Winnellie
08 8947 0681
Indofood provider of Instant Noodles, Food Seasonings & Snacks
Indofood has progressively transformed into a Total Food Solutions company with operations in all stages of food manufacturing, from the production of raw materials and their processing, to consumer products in the market.
Serving Indomie Mie Goreng and other traditional Indonesian dishes.
Desert to Saltwater Bush Foods of the Northern TerritoryâŚ
Australian Native Foods of the Territory, ethically harvested by Aboriginal Territorians and produced and packed in their kitchens by Aboriginal Territorians. So know that when you purchase any of their products you are helping and supporting the local environment and economy as they provide training and employment for Aboriginal Territorians at every stage of the supply of these products. Keeping it local and real! Â And so good for your health too â high in minerals, nutrients and antioxidants â the Kakadu Plum has the highest known Vitamin C content of any edible plant in the world and it grows here, native to the Top End.
Come and talk one of the AACE team at their stall about their training and the products. AACE for Accelerated Aboriginal Cooks of Excellence.
You will find the following at the Territory Taste Festival:
- Take Home Meals â delicious fragrant curries, stews and homestyle beef and vegetarian lasagnes containing Top End Kakadu Plum as the natural preservative so lasts in the freezer for 12 months. Most are Gluten Free too!
- Wattleseed and Kakadu Plum Breadrolls and Cobs â tasty functional daily bread â high in dietary fibre, iron and essential natural minerals from the wattleseed and combined with Kakadu Plum high in antioxidants and vitamin C. Â Great for gut health, your microbiome, which is intrinsically linked to your total body health. Combining Bush foods from the Desert & Saltwater country of the Northern Territory. These bush foods are harvested by Aboriginal Territorians and made by Aboriginal apprentices in our kitchens. Aboriginal Australians are now thought to be the first Bakers in the world. Â Re-igniting this ancient craft with todays Aboriginal Territorians through this product, staying connected to culture and supporting employment and training of locals.
- Kakadu Plum and Crazy Acres Mango Jam â your favourite Top End fruits combined in the one jar for that sensational sweet fix! Itâs good for you too, as is loaded with Vitamin C from both ingredients, especially the Kakadu Plum! Â A jar a day keeps the doctor away?! Or maybe not, but itâs a sweet thought!
- Desert Bush Foods â products such as jams and chutneys containing Bush Tomato and Quandongs and Dukkah and roasted and ground ingredients to experiment with at home including Saltbush, Wattleseeds and Bush Tomato. Â
Nitmiluk Tours is a successful 100% wholly owned and operated Indigenous Tourism Operation within Nitmiluk National Park and is the exclusive provider for touring the breathtaking Nitmiluk Gorge, located approximately 320km South of Darwin.
From campgrounds to tented accommodation, self-contained chalets and the boutique Cicada Lodge, Nitmiluk Tours has an accommodation option for everyone. Explore Nitmiluk Gorge with Nitmiluk Tours â cruise, fly, canoe, swim, walk and immerse yourself in the ancient culture of the Jawoyn people.
Selling Indigenous Infusion dishes by their award-winning Cicada Lodge chef:
- Smoked crocodile ribs with lemon, chili, ginger and soy topped with desert flakes
- BaĚnh miĚ with Kangaroo tail, pickled vegetables, coriander and katjera mayonnaise
Nitmiluk National Park, Katherine
1300 146 743
The Oyster Bar offers delicious fresh chilled or grilled oysters, share-food and platters, and of course, the impeccable waterfront views.
Oysters can be eaten half shelled, raw, smoked, boiled, baked, fried, roasted, stewed, canned, pickled, steamed, broiled (grilled) or used in a variety of drinks. Preparations vary widely. These can be as simple as opening the shell and eating the contents; including juice or adding butter and/or salt.
Tenancy E6 19 Kitchener Drive, Darwin Waterfront
08 8981 2242
Ruby Gâs Canteen is a cute âTart Cartâ
Specialising in boutique handcrafted tarts, artisan breads, quirky flavoured donuts & French-style patisseries with many gluten free options on offer.
Everything is made from scratch at their Coconut Grove warehouse bakery, sourcing local and organic ingredients where possible.
They are bringing their delicious treats to the festival, including:
- Yummy hot coffee
- Freshly baked pastries
2 Tang Street, Coconut Grove
08 8900 7122
New restaurant coming soon!
Rydges Palmerston Hotel are in the process of rebranding their restaurant, so this is your opportunity to taste their new menu! At the hotel restaurant, guests can be served in a variety of areas from their bar and restaurant area, with plenty of alfresco opportunities overlooking the pool. They will be right at home at Fort Hill Wharf!
They have an exciting menu at this yearâs Taste Festival, including:
- Beef Salad with Asian slaw
- Pan Fried Humpty Doo Barramundi with crispy Salad and Nam Jim Dressing
- Hoisin Duck in Chinese Bun with Leeks and cucumber
- Assortment of sushi and sashimi
- Chicken or Seafood Laksa
15 Maluka Drive, Palmerston
08 8983 6666
A selection of some of the worlds best cheese, sold individually or bundled for huge savings.Â
A backpacking holiday through France during the early 90âs was the inspiration for the creation ofÂ The Smelly Cheese ShopÂ at Adelaide Central Market. The word spread and demand grew for this carefully selected range of specialty cheese. Ongoing visits to cheese makers from all over Australia and the world, allows us to select the best on offer. Twenty years on, we are still discovering exciting new cheeses to deliver to you.
Dedicated to servicing the true cheese connoisseur, the Smelly Cheese Shopâs range extends from international classics to the creâme de la creâme of Australiaâs burgeoning specialty cheese.
Why not book into one of their masterclasses with wine and cheese pairing?
The Island of spice is exactly that! A country smaller than Tasmania, with a population similar to Australia!
Traditionally cooked Sri Lankan food is not only very healthy, but it caters for the modern day conscious eater from Vegan, Vegetarian to Gluten Free. Most dishes are based around the coconut, along with a few of the essential spices such as chilli, cumin, cardamon, pandan, mustard seed and often thicken with rice flour and coconut milk and or cream.
At Spice Garden Eating House here in Nightcliff, Darwin â we have tried to catch that village essence of our food.
Serving the following dishes at the Territory Taste Festival:
- Plain Hoppers & Sambal
- Kottu Rotti
- Poke Curry Bowl (3x curries and rice)
2 Pavonia Place, Nightcliff
08 8900 8068
Low ânâ slow cooked meats, sides and condiments, American style.
Famous for cooking in their radar hill 30âł reverse flow smoker, Smokey Jâs bring the best in BBQ to the Beachfront Hotel deck daily. You can also find them at Mindil Beach markets with their famous smoked crocodile.
They will be offering a selection of their American-style Texas BBQ food at this yearâs Territory Taste Festival.
342 Casuarina Drive, Rapid Creek
08 8985 3000
Known for his outgoing personality and extensive knowledge in the kitchen, along with unimaginable opportunities in VIP service, Peter Janes has been serving modern contemporary cuisines that people have not been able to resist.
Peter’s passion for cooking started at a young age, bringing friends and family together. Commencing his career in the kitchen at one of Darwinâs top rated restaurants Pee Wee’s on the point he knew he had found his passion. In just a few years he was chosen to represent the Golden Chef hat award, Â which he won in 2007 (NT titles). He took the progression representing the Territory on a national level in Sydney, and won the most creative and innovative award.
It didn’t stop there, he then extended his career working as the in-flight check for two Australian Prime ministers, members of the UK Royal Family, the Australian Governor General, and other VIP guests.
Throughout his career he has endeavored to teach those around him of his learning, and continues to do so today.
In 2018 he chose to take his experience into his own hands and has opened the Shredded Chef Meal Prep, along with a soon to be launched lounge bar/restaurant/function venue in Cullen Bay. He hopes to provide Darwin with, a local contemporary fusion cuisine – bring cultures of the world to peoples plates.
Selling the following items at this yearâs Territory Taste Festival:
Shredded Chef Meal Prep – including:
– Ocean Fresh, pan seared Mahi Mahi
– Signature Minted Pea Puree
– Capturing Cajun spiced Sous Vide chicken with roasted red pepper aioli
– Mouth-watering toasted cashew and coconut lamb curry
– Heavenly cumin infused beetroot lean beef with shredded chef signature sauce
– Tempt yourself with Tasman Dukkah Aussie Red Kangaroo
– Healthy Lean Spinach Fettuccine Bolognaise
– Shredded Chef signature sauce & dip selections
– Guilt Free Treats: Healthy selection, tailored snacks, made to cure cravings the right way
Also âThe Boardroomâ – Catering selections, corporate functions, lounge bar cocktail appetizers
– Corporate Catering Signature Selections
– Contemporary fusion cuisine (canapes and tasters)
– Showcasing local crocodile
The team at Treeti are a dynamic bunch. They love what they do and where they live – (some of them are based all around Australia).
Working with Directors, Owners and Managers, the team at Treeti support businesses to transform. It may be in specific areas or across the general business. With the right team in place they can support the business and key personnel to work through the roller coaster that comes with change. Their services range from general business consulting, business mediation, business development, executive leadership programs and personal coaching.
They have been based in Darwin for the last 5 years and have clients located all around Australia.
Chat to them at the Territory Taste Festival about how they can support you and your business.
631 Stuart Highway, Darwin
08 8967 1788
Wine Selectors has been hand selecting wine for over 40 years.
Offering online wine sales delivered to your door, Wine Selectors will be offering tastings at this yearâs Territory Taste Festival and taking orders.
The key wines available for tastings are:
- Swinging Bridge Sauvignon Blanc 2018
- Riposte The Stiletto Pinot Gris 2018
- De Iuliis Pinot Noir RosĂŠ 2018
- Leconfield Cabernet Sauvignon 2016
- Nannup Ridge Rolling Hills Tempranillo 2015
- Forest Hill Vineyard Highbury Fields Chardonnay 2017
- Rochford R Selection de Vignerons Pinot Noir 2018
1300 303 307